Home |
   
     

SAVARONA at Piraeus 13/Oct/05 (Click photos for big pics)

Photos by willawake and Canon 20D

 

 
Commissionned by Emily Roebling Cadwalader in 1931 she was the largest yacht built at that time. In 1938 she was sold to the Turkish Government as a state yacht for Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. After his death she became neglected until she was converted into a training ship and renamed GUNES DIL. In 1979 a fire destroyed a large part of her and she was left abandoned. Later she was rescued by Kahrama Sadikoglou and underwent an extensive refit from 1989-1992 to become a luxury charter yacht which she remains operating as today.
 
     
 
 
LOA : 136 m
Beam : 16 m
Draft : 6.10 m
 
Hull : Steel
Built : 1931, Blohm & Voss
Engines : 2 x 3600 BHP CAT
Guests : 34
Crew : 55
Exterior Designer : Gibbs & Cox
Diana Yacht Design
Interior Designer : Donald Starkey
 
Former Names : SAVARONA III,
GUNES DIL
     
| Back to top | email webmaster | site map |
| Back to top |
 
© Copyright 2005 yachtmati.com All rights reserved. Photographs may not be published web or print without prior permission.